How to Use Microfiber Cloths
I have fallen in love with microfiber cloths. I have known about them for quite awhile but never thought to try them until my sister gave me a pack for my birthday. These things are amazing and have cut the cost of using paper towels and commercial cleaners way down.
I first tried them on my computer and television because I assumed that’s what they were meant for. Little did I know all the neat things they can do!
Where to use Microfiber Cloths
- Clean mirrors and windows . Just use 2 cloths, wet one and wipe the glass and then go over it with a dry cloth.
- Great for wiping down leather furniture and leather coats. You can lightly dampen it with water but I really like using Murphy’s Oil Soap (diluted in a spray bottle to 2 parts oil soap to 8 parts water) instead of water.
- Keep a microfiber cloth in your car to wipe down windows, mirrors and dashboard,
- Great for dusting wood furniture. Use dry or with a little diluted oil soap like with the leather.
- You can exfoliate your legs, preferably before shaving by running a microfiber cloth over it.
- These cloths can also be used to exfoliate the dead skin on your face. Just use a light touch so you don’t irritate the skin.
- Wash your car and use another one of these to wax it.
- Cleaning blinds.
I found a few microfiber things at Amazon that I haven’t tried yet, but I want to:
Even though they are made for washing and detailing your car, these microfiber mitts look like they would make dusting furniture a breeze! Or even run them over your legs to exfoliate in seconds. Or wiping down blinds! I bet these would be even more handy than the cloths.
2 NEW Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Terry Bath Towel Luxury 32*59″
These I’m not totally sure about but I am very curious about them and want to give them a try. I can see where they would keep your skin smooth but I wonder if they feel weird on your skin.
Where to Find Microfiber Cloths
You can get microfiber cloths in a lot of places. I have seen them at the Dollar Store occasionally, and also at Walmart (in the auto section). I’m sure they are in other places too.
The ones my sister got me are actually microfiber dish cloths but I use them for everything. I love the cute design (I’m a Dots girl). I think she got these at Kohl’s but I found them on Amazon. Here they are:
Cleaning Microfiber Cloths
Microfiber Cloths do require a little extra consideration when cleaning them:
- Don’t use fabric softener on them.
- Don’t use bleach on them.
- Wash separately OR wash with non-linty type of clothes.
Leave a comment and let me know if you have found any cool uses for these little wonder cloths that I haven’t thought of.