I didn’t come up with this idea. I originally found it in “All You” magazine.But I did mine a little differently. Instead of just regular yarn, I used the fuzzy, wavy kind.
What you will need:
- A Styrofoam wreath (I used the 16 inch size)
- A ruler
- Yarn in two colors
- clear tape
- straight pins
- A pre-made bow (not shown) You can also make your own bow if you prefer.
- On the back of your wreath, measure off and mark with a marker where you want your colors to start and stop.
- Start at your first line and tape the yarn. Then start wrapping the yarn around the wreath until you get to the next line. Cut and tape or use a straight pin to secure the yarn to the back of the wreath.
- Use your next color and wrap til you get to the next line. Cut and secure the yarn to the back. Continue until the entire wreath is completed.
- Attach the bow with straight pins and hang! Since the wreath has a Styrofoam base, it’s easy to just push it on a nail back or hook.
Cute and easy!
Article by Cathy Ratcliffe