The week before Thanksgiving! I don’t know about you but I love the holidays! I love the family traditions, the family getting together and of course, the food!
Not much going on in my world this week, just getting ready for Thanksgiving, and working so on to this week’s dinner menu:
No Peek Casserole
Easy Pepper Steak
Green Bean Casserole
This week I’m going to give you my recipe for cauliflower. It’s a little different. It’s something my mother in law always made when she was alive and so we always have it at Thanksgiving in honor of her (we have it at other times of the year too). This is something my picky kids always loved.
1 head of Cauliflower
6 hard boiled eggs
2 T butter or margarine
4 T flour
1 c milk
salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower in bite size pieces and boil or steam your cauliflower until done.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat up the butter in a sauce pan on med-high heat.
- Stir in flour and milk and cook until thickened (stir frequently). You may need to add more flour or milk, just use your best judgement. You want a gravy consistency.
- Cut up the boil eggs in small pieces and add to pan.
- Add the cauliflower and stir everything together.
- Salt and pepper to taste ans serve.
What’s on your Thanksgiving menu this week?
Have a great week!
Article by Cathy Ratcliffe