See this little guy to the left? This is my little old man. His name is Joey and he’s a 17 year old Terri-Poo mix. Joey has been the best dog I have ever owned. He’s was a therapy dog for many years of his life.
Unfortunately in the past year, he has gotten pretty senile. He still remembers us but he seems to have forgotten that he needs to go potty outside. We have a doggy door which is a must with 4 dogs and until recently he always did his business outside.
The past 6 months or so, he seems to forget where to go and often goes on the bathroom floor (at least he’s in the right room-too bad he can’t use a toilet) or on the living room floor. Sometimes he doesn’t seem to realize he’s actually “going” and will be shuffling along leaving a trail of pee and/or poo.
It can get pretty messy and smelly. I have tried doggy diapers but he rips them to shreds. So I try to catch it as soon as possible and I guide him outside multiple times a day so he will remember to potty out there.
Still almost everyday, I have at least one accident to clean up. Sigh…
So when Alexis for Clean + Green contacted me and wanted to know if I was willing to try out their eco-friendly pet stain and odor remover, I was definitely willing. I try to stick with natural cleaning products since I’m asthmatic and sensitive to many chemicals. I usually use vinegar to clean up Joey’s mess but sometimes noticed it wasn’t quite getting rid of all the smell. And if the poop had dried into the floor, it took forever to get it all up with my vinegar.
This cleaner is supposed to be safe for pets, people and the environment. That sounds good to me, but will it really do a good job of cleaning?
Before I get into the review, I have to tell you by law, that I’m not being paid for the review. My only compensation was the free bottle of Clean + Green to try out.
- It’s easy to use. You just get up what you can with a paper towel and then liberally spray the product onto the spot. Then wipe with a soft cloth.
- It has a very light smell, nothing cloying or heavy.
- It has worked well so far. No lingering stinky odors.
- It’s gotten stains up pretty well.
- The directions say you can spray it on and let it air dry if you want. I don’t recommend this as even after the surface is dry, it will still be slightly slick. It’s better to wipe it up instead of allowing to air dry.
- There are oodles of different versions of this cleaner; they even have one if your pet gets”skunked”. Yes, that is a good thing but I wish they had one general cleaner that would work for everything instead having to buy multiple products for different surfaces or situations.
Would I Recommend Clean + Green?
Yes! Specially if you have babies, old folks, pets or anything around your home that may have accidents.
You can visit Clean + Green here: http://www.odorandstainremover.com
Also if you’d like to visit Clean + Green on their facebook and twitter pages, here they are:
Below is the photo of me finding Joey’s latest “present” for me:
And here is me spraying Clean + Green after wiping it up:
Now it’s time for the giveaway! Clean + Green has agreed to give one lucky reader their very own Clean + Green product of their choice.
Here’s all you need to do:
- Go to Clean + Green’s website and pick out which product you would want to have. The website is here: Clean + Green
- Come back to this page and leave a comment letting me know which product you want.
- Make sure your email address is correct.
The winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday August 28th.
Good luck and please share this giveaway with your friends on facebook and twitter (and anywhere else you want)!