If you come across a great sale on milk, but think “My family will never be able to drink all this!”, go ahead and buy it! Assuming you have the freezer space for it, that is. Here’s what I do:
- Open the milk containers and pour a little bit from each container into a pitcher. Leave about a 2″ empty space in the carton to allow for expanding when frozen.
- Freeze the milk soon after buying. Don’t let it sit in your fridge for too long.
- I write the date I freeze it on the front of the carton with a sharpie marker.
- You can freeze the milk for up to 3 months.
- When you notice your milk is running s little low, take out a container of frozen milk and let it thaw in the fridge.
- Before using the milk the first time, shake it up.
Also check out Quick and Healthy Breakfast Ideas.