Well I got through this busy week in one piece. How about you? How did your week go?
Another busy week for me. Along with taking care of my grand daughter, my mother has another doctor’s appointment and I am house/pet sitting for 2 nights. I also am planning on getting my spare bedroom ready as a bedroom for my little grand daughter so I need to sand and paint a headboard and foot board to change a maple colored bed to white and also sand and paint a dresser. I’ll post pictures when the room is done.
Here’s my menu plan for this week:
Simple Lemon Chicken (recipe below)
Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Fast Food Friday
Shish-ka-bob (have no idea how that is spelled) made with marinated beef, red, yellow, and green peppers, onion, and mushrooms
Simple Lemon Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
4 pats of butter
1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a baking dish.
- Squeeze half the lemon over the chicken.
- Place chicken in the dish
- Season with lemon pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place a pat of butter on each chicken breast.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Pull the chicken out and flip it over.
- Season the other side and then squeeze the other half of the lemon over the chicken.
- Pop it back in the oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Note: My oven doesn’t work all that well so it takes a full 40 minutes (and sometimes longer) to bake this. Yours may need less time to cook.
Well, I hope ya’ll have a great week!