I’m so excited! It’s Thanksgiving week! I just love holidays. Even though it’s extra work, it’s so worth it. I love having all my family here and specially my little granddaughter. It’s so fun seeing things through her eyes.
It will be sad not to have my mom here at the dinner table on Thanksgiving. I do miss her. She used to always send a beautiful floral arrangement the day before Thanksgiving so we could use it as a centerpiece on the dinner table. I always thought that was really sweet of her. It’s been a month now since she passed away and I figured the holidays would be the hardest time for missing her.
What are you thankful for? I am thankful for so many things. My children, my grandbaby, my sister, my friends, my dogs, my home, my business, my health and my life! The older I get, the more content I get. I realize now what a gift that life is and how precious it is. And I’m very grateful for every day I have.
How about you?
Ham and Cheesy Potatoes Casserole
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Thanksgiving! That means:
Green Bean Casserole
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Probably leftovers again but if there isn’t enough, I’ll make something simple like omelets or sandwiches
I am going to share with you my recipe for Cauliflower Casserole. This is a family favorite and my kids love it which is surprising considering it’s mostly cauliflower and eggs. And we call it a casserole although it’s not baked so I guess it’s not technically a casserole.
1 head of fresh cauliflower
2-3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
- Hard boil eggs and set aside to cool.
- Steam cauliflower and cut in bite size pieces.
- In large pot, melt butter on high and add flour to make a paste.
- Pour in milk and using a wire whisk, stir until mixture is smooth.
- Turn heat down to medium low and let the mixture simmer until thickened.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs into small pieces.
- Add the eggs and cauliflower to the flour mixture and stir to coat.
- Salt and pepper to paste and serve.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!