What a beautiful time of year. The sky is so blue it’s breathtaking. And the temperature is perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. If it weren’t the thought of the cold weather just around the corner in a month or two, Fall would be my favorite season. What’s your favorite season?
This week is going to be really busy. I have daily visits and errands for my mother who is still in her nursing home. I also have a doctor’s appointment and my daily care taking of my granddaughter. I’m also going out for lunch with my oldest daughter today which I’m looking forward to. I also have to make 2 trips a day to let my friend’s 2 puppy’s out for a potty break as she was called away for a family emergency.
What’s the point of me telling you all of this? No point really. Except to point out that’s why I chose the meals I chose this week. They all can be made ahead, made quickly or cooked in a crock pot.
Chicken Pot Pie
Fast Food Friday
My recipe for this week is Saucy Pasta which I got from the Kraft Foods web site:
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1 chopped onion
3 cups uncooked Rotini pasta
3 1/2 cups water
1 24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 chopped garlic clove
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 chopped red pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Brown meat in large pot or skillet and drain.
- Add onions and cook until tender-crisp.
- Stir in pasta, garlic, water and sauce.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Add Salt and Pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and red pepper and cook 5 minutes if you like the vegetables a little crunchy. If you like them more cooked, then cook for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese.
Have a great week!