Hope yall have had a great week and those who were effected by Irene, are all back to normal. We still have a lot of debris that hasn’t been picked up yet but that’s a lot better than other places. I hope those of you in the path of Tropical Storm Lee stay safe and dry.
I have come to a conclusion that I am cooking just way too much. I haven’t learned how to cook less since my daughter moved out a few months ago. I’m still cooking for 5 when some nights it’s just 2 or 3 of us here. My daughter still comes by here a lot for dinner with no notice so I don’t feel like I can cook less on the chance she will show up and want some viddles.
This leads to lots of leftovers. So I have decided to declare every Thursday night “Leftover Night” so we can finish up all the leftovers that have accumulated through the week. That way we aren’t wasting food and I get another day off from cooking. YAY!
Fast Food Friday
BBQ Chicken Breasts
Here’s my recipe for the week. It’s a Cathy original so I don’t have exact measurements but it’s pretty easy to adjust to your own taste.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 bag of frozen stew veggies
1 small can tomato paste
Instant Potato Flakes
SHredded Cheddar if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown beef in large frying pan.
- Add a cup of water and can of tomato paste.
- Mix together and bring to a low boil.
- Add a few spoonfuls Instant Potato Flakes and stir until thickened.
- Stir in stew veggies.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, cook enough Instant Potatoes to cover the top of the casserole dish. Cook according the directions on the box of Instant Potatoes.
- Top the casserole dish with the potatoes. You can add a little shredded cheese on top if you wish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown on top.