I recently bought a big bottle of vodka for a project (making vanilla) and since I’m not a drinker, I did some research to see what else I can do with Vodka.
I found you can use it:
- Remove lipstick stains. Blot the stain with vodka before putting in the washer.
- Get rid of grass stains by rubbing vodka into the stain vigorously and then rinse with cold water.
- Make your own mouthwash by mixing a cup of vodka and 9 tablespoons of ground cinnamon.
- Get rid of a jellyfish sting with vodka. Pour some on a soft cloth and lay over the sting for a few minutes.
- Do the same thing for a poison ivy rash.
- Apply vodka to a cold sore to dry it out.
- Put some vodka in a spray bottle and spray wasps that get in your house. It’ll kill them (or get them drunk, LOL)
- Get rid of the stain and smell of vomit by getting as much of it up as you can and then saturate the area with vodka and scrub with a rag or soft scrub brush.
- Clean your windows, eye glasses and mirrors with it.
- Spray vodka on mold and mildew.
- Add a few teaspoons of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to the water in your vase of fresh flowers to make them last longer.
- Vodka is a great adhesive remover. Use it un-stick price tags, bandages and more.
- Pour some down your drain to remove clogs.
- Clean your motor cycle or bicycle helmet with vodka.
- Use it in place of your windshield wiper fluid. It won’t freeze.
- Replace the water in your pie crust recipe with vodka. The dough will be much easier to work with.
- Clean your jewelry with it but don’t use on pearls, just diamonds and other crystals.
- Swish vodka around your mouth for a toothache pain.
- Soak your razor after shaving in a glass of vodka. It will keep the blade sharp.
- If you have stinky feet, wash your feet with vodka.
- Soak a cloth in vodka and ring out. Rub your back, chest and forehead with the cloth to get rid of a fever.
- Use vodka as an astringent. Put a little on a cotton ball and wipe your face with it.
- Gargle with warm water and a few tablespoons of vodka to relieve a sore throat.
- Get rid of swimmer’s ear by using a dropper to drop a few drops of vodka into the ear. Lay still for a few minutes and then shake it out.
- Spray some vodka over a rusty screw to loosen it.
Of course there are other cheaper ways to take care of these problems but vodka will work in a pinch. And if you aren’t a drinker and have some extra vodka lying around, well now you have some ways to use it up.